How to Use a GreenGeeks Discount Code?
When you’re looking for a GreenGeeks coupon, look no further than CouponPeeps. This page has all the coupons and GreenGeeks discount codes you are looking for; all at one place. Here’s a small guide to help you search for and use the best GreenGeeks promo codes you want.
CouponPeeps offers a variety of online promo codes and special seasonal offers and sales. Promo codes that can be used online look like this:
And, special seasonal offers or sales look like this:
All of these are regularly checked and are marked with a green or grey tick. The ones with a green tick are verified by our team every few days and are guaranteed to work. The ones with a grey tick are user submitted and may or may not work.
Using a Coupon at GreenGeeks
- Go to greengeeks.com
- Choose the type of web hosting that you wish to purchase – Shared, VPS, WordPress, Reseller, etc.
- Click on ‘Get Started’ or a similar button next to the plan that you wish to purchase.
- Enter a domain that you already own or register a new one (it’s free of cost so I highly suggest that you register one with them; you can anyways continue to use your existing domain with a new one as well.)
- You will be taken to the checkout page. Fill in everything – your name, email, address, etc.
- Choose the billing cycle out of the four options that are available – monthly, yearly, biennially, triennially and your Server location (United States or Canada).
- Below that there is a field to enter a promo code.
- Paste/Type the code there and hit the ‘Validate’ button.
- The discount will immediately be reflected and you’ll also see a success message ‘Highest Value Coupon Applied!’
- Complete the payment by using one of the available payment modes – credit card or PayPal.
- Upon successful payment, you will shortly receive an email with instructions to use your account (link to client area, nameservers to use, password, etc.)
GreenGeeks was founded in 2006 by current CEO, Trey Gardner. The company is based out of Los Angeles, California. GreenGeeks is one of the up and coming names in the web hosting world. They are slowly and steadily building a reputation for themselves among business professionals and web developers alike. With a management team, having more than 40 years of experience in providing hassle-free hosting solutions to the public, you will be offered only the best of services. The company currently has over 35,000 customers, and are responsible for hosting more than 300,000 websites. They have 3 data centres in 3 different locations. The first data centre is located in Chicago, US; the second one is in Phoenix, US and the third data centre is housed in Toronto, Canada. There is also going to be a fourth data centre soon, which will be based in Amsterdam, NL.
GreenGeeks is one of those companies that had green hosting on their agenda from the get-go. They claim to be a pioneer in the field of green web hosting by putting back three times the amount of energy they consume, back into the grid with the help of renewable and eco-friendly wind energy. This way they help in reducing the carbon footprint that most hosting companies leave behind.
GreenGeeks have carved a name for themselves by featuring in the Inc 5000 list and also in PCWorld multiple times. They are a part of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Green Power Partnership and also have an accreditation by the Better Business Bureau.
Great for individuals and business alike
GreenGeeks is a company that provides you with a lot of hosting products and services that is ideal for the needs of novices and geeks alike.
They have a great shared hosting service that gives you unlimited storage and bandwidth along with the latest scripts and e-mail services. This makes building and managing websites a breeze for customers.
Another one of their hosting options is reseller hosting. GreenGeek’s reseller hosting solutions help web entrepreneurs immensely. It helps them to build their own web hosting service and offer it to people.
GreenGeeks also has a VPS hosting solution which is tailor-made for business-level clients. It has all the features and functionalities an enterprise level customer would require such as a Web Host Manager armed with VPS Management Control Panel so that management of your services is a piece of cake.
With these hosting options, GreenGeeks makes sure that you can easily go for a server upgrade. This makes room for your site to grow and makes sure that it does not outgrow the host. Moreover with the discounts that we have for GreenGeeks, you should be able to save a decent amount on your purchase.
The best web hosting companies use the best and highest quality servers. There are various parameters through which we can judge a server- disk space, processor speed and connectivity capabilities. Most web hosting companies cut a compromise on one or all of these essential parameters. However, GreenGeeks is a company that strives to provide top of the line servers, which are robust and efficient. These servers run on Linux Operating System and have Intel Dual Quad Core Xeon processors paired with 64 GB DDR3 RAM, large SSD RAID-10 storage arrays that help in maximising performance and redundancy along with Gigabit connectivity, which helps in increasing the speed of the network.
Daily Backup Service
Many hosting services in the price category of GreenGeeks do not provide regular backups. However, this is not the case with GreenGeeks. They carry out daily backups of their client’s data. So, in the case of any malware attack or server hardware failure or some kind of irreparable damage, your mind can be at peace knowing that there exists a backup of all your data.
Low number of sites per server
Many web hosting companies clog their servers by cramming a lot of customers in one server. GreenGeeks on the other hand keeps the number of sites on a particular server as low as possible, which means that you, as a customer, will get better speeds for your website.
It is very frustrating for the client to see their site facing a downtime. This acts as a very unpleasant hiccup on his online presence. So, it is imperative for a good web hosting service to have great uptime statistics. GreenGeeks have a great track record in this area with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, which is pretty normal for a good web hosting service. They are quite confident on this number as they even include it in their service level agreement. However, there is no mention of any kind of refund should they fail to meet this guarantee.
There is a 24x7x365 chat based support that is manned by direct employees of GreenGeeks. Their support technicians are spread throughout North America and they take pride in themselves by claiming that they do not outsource their support staff. They also have a telephone based support service but unfortunately, this is not a 24×7 service.
Huge Information Centre
GreenGeeks has a very concise Help Centre that is directly accessible through the company’s main website. There is a large amount of video tutorials, illustrating various features and capabilities of cPanel, WordPress, Drupal, etc. The Help Centre also consists of a Knowledge Base and a FAQs section to help users navigate through the massive amount of available information and clarify all their doubts. There is also an Education Centre which serves to be highly useful for newbies. Here, customers can find informative articles and “how to” information. GreenGeeks also sponsors a blog on their website that adds to the information reserve as well as provides users with promotional offers.
GreenGeeks offers cPanel instead of a custom built control panel. This makes it easy and efficient for users as cPanel is the most popular form of control panel out there. So, there is no requirement of re-learning anything and management becomes a piece of cake.
Green Web Hosting
GreenGeeks provide an industry leading green web hosting solution. It comes as quite a surprise when people realize that the web hosting industry is not eco-friendly. In fact, according to studies, by the year 2005, the web hosting industry used the equivalent power of 14 major power plants to keep their servers up and running. In another study it was found that by 2020, web hosting companies would be as polluting as the airlines industry. So, by choosing a green web hosting company, you can play your part in curbing this alarming problem. GreenGeeks is certified by Bonneville Environment foundation to be 300% green. What this means is that for every unit they consume, they purchase three times the wind-powered energy credits and send it back to the grid, thus resulting in a negative carbon footprint. So, if you are concerned about the environment, GreenGeeks is a great option as they are probably the best green web hosting provider out there.
GreenGeeks is a great option for e-Commerce operators as it offers features like SSL secure server, Zen Cart, OS Shopping Cart, Magento Shopping Cart and many more. One Click installations are made possible by the inclusion of Softaculous and Fantastico script installers, which make the installation of WordPress, Joomla, Python, PHP 5, Perl 5, etc. very easy.
GreenGeeks also offers a domain name to the customer throughout the lifespan of his account for free. Along with this, they also provide a free website builder and a free website migration service to their customers at the time of registration. They also use free marketing credits to incentivize more users to sign up.
GreenGeeks also has in place a great affiliate program, which rewards customers for sending out successful referrals. If the referral makes a purchase with GreenGeeks, the customer who sent out the referral will be tracked and credited with a commission. This is an excellent way to make money and a user can generate up to $100 on a single sale and will receive his payout via check or PayPal at the end of every month.
What does GreenGeeks have on offer?
Before proceeding, it is important to know that GreenGeeks employs only Linux or UNIX based servers, which means there is an absence of Windows based servers, thus resulting in the absence of ASP or .Net framework. This can be a major con for customers who exclusively want Windows based servers.
GreenGeeks’ shared hosting option is priced at $3.96 per month after using our exclusive GreenGeeks coupon, which is a pretty decent price considering the amount of features they offer. During BlackFriday or other seasonal offer periods, you may even get it for as low as $2.96 a month. Some of the features you get are:
- A domain name free of cost
- Unlimited number of domains for a single account
- Free migration of your website
- Unlimited Space and Bandwidth
- Solid State Drives with Raid-10 storage arrays
- One click installs for over 150 applications like WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Multi-Gigabit Network
- SSH (Shell) access to get full access to your account via command line
- Regular nightly backups
- PHP-caching technology
- Real-time security monitoring
- Spam protection
- 9% uptime
- 24x7x365 support with US-based support staff
- Unlimited number of E-mail accounts that can be accessed via webmail or any other e-mail client
- 300% green hosting
GreenGeeks’ Reseller hosting plans come in 5 different varieties:
- Seed – This plan offers 50 GB SSD Web space, 500 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and allows 10 resold accounts. It is priced at $19.95 per month.
- Sprout – This plan offers 80 GB SSD Web space, 800 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and allows 25 resold accounts. It is priced at $24.95 per month.
- Plant – This plan offers 120 GB SSD Web space, 1,200 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and allows 50 resold accounts. It is priced at $39.95 per month.
- Tree – This plan offers 160 GB SSD Web space, 1,600 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and allows 100 resold accounts. It is priced at $59.95 per month.
- Forest – This plan offers 200 GB SSD Web space, 2,000 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and allows 250 resold accounts. It is priced at $99.95 per month.
All the above plans include the provision of unlimited cPanel accounts and are available in both USA and Canada.
Some of the features included in the Reseller hosting package are:
- Free hosting billing system provided by ClientExec to manage clients
- 100% White Label Hosting which means that there will be no mention of GreenGeeks anywhere in your hosting platform
- RV Site Builder is provided so that newbie customers can build beautiful websites by choosing from over 500 templates
- Free eNom Domain Reseller Account that will enable you to sell add-ons like SSL certificates, WHOIS ID Protect, etc.
- Latest generation Intel processors along with SSD powered Raid-10 arrays that helps in providing users with 99.9% uptime
- Free Migration for hosting providers to GreenGeeks
- Nightly backups
- Your customers will be provided with all the features that GreenGeeks’ shared hosting plan offers
- 300% green hosting
For VPS hosting, GreenGeeks provides you with 5 different options classified according to the amount of RAM.
- 1 GB- This plan offers 25 GB SSD Raid-10 storage, 1,000 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and 4 cores. It is priced at $39.95 per month.
- 2 GB- This plan offers 50 GB SSD Raid-10 storage, 1,500 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and 4 cores. It is priced at $59.95 per month.
- 3 GB- This plan offers 75 GB SSD Raid-10 storage, 2,000 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and 4 cores. It is priced at $79.95 per month.
- 4 GB- This plan offers 100 GB SSD Raid-10 storage, 2,500 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and 4 cores. It is priced at $99.95 per month.
- 8 GB- This plan offers 125 GB SSD Raid-10 storage, 3,000 GB unlimited premium bandwidth and 4 cores. It is priced at $159.95 per month.
All the above plans are provided solely in the US.
Some of the features included in VPS hosting package are:
- VPS management control panel that will enable you to manage and control all aspects of your virtual private server
- cPanel will be included
- Super fast activation and commencement of services
- Free Migration
- Nightly backup of data
- Free eNom Domain Reseller Account that will enable you to sell add-ons like SSL certificates, WHOIS ID Protect, etc.
- High quality hardware and monitoring facilities that help in providing users with 99.9% uptime
- VPS will be provisioned on IPs without a blacklist
- 300% green hosting
For Dedicated hosting, GreenGeeks provides you with 4 different options:
- Entry Server – You will be provided with a Dual Core Intel Atom 330 processor, 2 GB DDR3 Memory, 1×500 GB SATA Hard Drive, 5 IP Addresses and 10,000 GB transfer capability. It will cost you $169 per month.
- Standard Server – You will be provided with a 3.1 GHz Xeon E3-1220 processor, 4 GB DDR3 Memory, 2×500 GB SATA Hard Drive, 5 IP Addresses and 10,000 GB transfer capability. It will cost you $269 per month.
- Elite Server – You will be provided with a 3.2 GHz Xeon E3-1230 processor, 8 GB DDR3 Memory, 2×500 GB SATA Hard Drive, 5 IP Addresses and 10,000 GB transfer capability. It will cost you $319 per month.
- Pro Server – You will be provided with a 2.0 GHz Xeon E5-2620 processor, 16 GB DDR3 Memory, 2×500 GB SATA Hard Drive, 5 IP Addresses and 10,000 GB transfer capability. It will cost you $439 per month.
All the above plans follow GreenGeeks’ 300% green hosting principle. To avail the Dedicated Hosting plans, you will have to get in touch with a sales representative who will guide you further so that you can choose the best plan for your needs.
GreenGeeks accepts all major credit cards like VISA, MasterCard, American Express, etc. They also accept payments made through PayPal.
However, they do not accept checks, wire transfers, money orders or Western Union as modes of payment.
GreenGeeks guarantees a 99.9% service uptime along with an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee. This means that you will get a full refund within 30 days if you find their service undesirable, no questions asked.
Is it genuine?
GreenGeeks have been featured in the following lists:
- 5000 list which features America’s fastest growing private companies
- EPA Green power partner
- PC World
- Accredited Business
In addition to this, they have won several awards and accolades which you can check out on their website.
Also, they have a very seasoned CEO who has a huge amount of experience and great acumen in the field of web hosting.
Lastly, the positive reviews they have garnered around the web coupled with the above points should be enough to cement their ingenuity as a web hosting service provider.
Along with their exemplary 300% green web hosting service, GreenGeeks also contribute to charitable causes like the World Vision, an organisation that is trying to provide Africa and Haiti with clean drinking water.
GreenGeeks share a lot of useful environmental news, facts and figures on their social media handles which you can find above.
Live Chat: They have a 24/7/365 live chat feature on their site which acts as the first line of support.
Phone: 1-877-326-7483, 1-310-496-8946. However, this is not a 24/7 service.
5739 Kanan Rd Suite 300
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Arvixe – Arvixe is a great alternative to GreenGeeks, which is best suited for individuals. It is a top quality web hosting service provider offering great and affordable web hosting products across both Windows and Linux platforms since 2003. Their personal hosting plans start from $2.8 per month, which is very affordable. This is perfect for those who wish to create a personal website or blog. Their Linux-based solution offers unlimited disk space and monthly data transfer, a free domain name, unlimited MySQL databases, shared SSL, cPanel, shell access, etc. Arvixe is also a reliable web host provider, ensuring that customers get at least 99.9% uptime, which has become a common standard in today’s web hosting companies. In addition to this they have SAS 70 Type 2 certified data centres, backed up with the best security features. They also have a customer support team available 24×7 and a 60-day money back guarantee.
InmotionHosting – InmotionHosting is a great choice for businesses. They are one of the best hosting companies out there. InmotionHosting offers enterprise grade shared, VPS, reseller and dedicated hosting options. They have a good reputation among customers and have won many accolades since its inception in 2001. InmotionHosting’s has plans starting from $7.99 per month. They offer features like unlimited disk storage and bandwidth, 310+ free applications, up to 200 MySQL databases, a website builder, free advertising credits, etc. In addition to this, they have enterprise-grade, fast and reliable hardware and servers. InmotionHosting also have eco-friendly data centres to keep a check on their carbon footprint. They have a customer support team available 24×7 and a 90-day money back guarantee.
iPage – iPage is a great alternative to GreenGeeks. They have been in business for over 10 years but only took off in late 2009 and grew rapidly over the next two years. They are the cheapest web hosting service provider out there with $1.99 per month. So, you get all the features like unlimited hosting, free domain name, 99.9% uptime guarantee, webmail, 24×7 support, etc. at a truly affordable price. iPage provides beginners with tutorials and a quick start guide along with 100+ templates to choose from and create their own beautiful website. They provide a user friendly service and purchasing and setting up an iPage product is very smooth and hassle-free. They also have an anytime money back guarantee in place which is better than what most companies offer. To top it all off, they are a 100% green web hosting company powered by wind energy.